2021 National Deaf-Blind Child Count Report
The 2021 National Deaf-Blind Child Count Report provides an annual “snapshot” of children and youth with deaf-blindness in the United States, including
- Demographic data
- The types and severity of vision and hearing losses
- Causes of deaf-blindness and the types and prevalence of additional disabilities
- Comparisons with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Part B and Part C annual child counts
- Educational settings and services
- Living settings
- Part B and Part C exiting status information
Annual National Deaf-Blind Child Count reports provide critical information to guide technical assistance, personnel preparation, scholarship, and research related to deaf-blindness in children and youth.
Published 2022 by National Center on Deaf-Blindness
Suggested citation: National Center on Deaf-Blindness. (2022). 2021 National deaf-blind child count. https://www.nationaldb.org/products/national-child-count/report-2021
Reports from previous years can be accessed from the NCDB National Child Count page.